FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 30 Jun 22: 30 flights cancelled because LHR can't cope
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:37 pm
HarryHolden68

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
Have you ever used an enterprise ERP system, supported one, or worse tried rolling one out? Building your own whilst possible isn’t a thing you do in a couple of weeks more like at least a couple of years when you factor in everything from requirements gathering through to end user testing, launch and bug fixes. As I understand it BA have modified and customised existing well known and proven ERP systems like SAP for their use. Customising it to the degree they have is the potential Achilles heel here.
Nope, nope and nope. It all sounds like gobbledegook to me.

But I do know that if you want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t want to do something, for whatever reason, you’ll find an excuse.

But the US will one day / month / year / decade pass tighter gun control laws - the only variable being how many have to die in mass shootings until the public outcry makes it happen.

Similarly, one day / month/ year / decade, BA will redevelop the IT to be fit for purpose - the only variable being how much money is wasted before the investors make it happen.