FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - British Airways change in Conditions of Carriage after 30/9/22
Old Jun 30, 2022, 10:10 am
JAXBA

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by kimbray
When you expand the terms and conditions, you get a cryptic code "qln0c1m5" for this dummy booking plus all of the conditions (I did not know what my exact cryptic code is as I did not screen capture my expanded T&Cs on my original booking).
Your cryptic code (fare basis) is NLN0C1B5 (the B5 part on the end means it's a basic economy fare, which are usually very restricted).

I beleive [sic] all of the language in the "expanded terms and conditions" section is generic MINUS the crytic [sic] code presented at the top (does everyone agree?).
No, it varies from fare type to fare type. Non-changeable fares (as it seems yours might be) won't have repricing conditions because they can't be repriced... Instead of paragraphs about 'Charges for Changes and Cancellations' it'll say something more along the lines of: Changes are not permitted. Refunds are not permitted.

Yes, there's a lot of conditions and sometimes you have to expand sections when going through the booking process so you can read them, and no it's not always easy (or possible) to find them again afterwards, but they are presented.

Some customers want/need to read all the technical language, others only want a summary of salient points. BA gives a version of both options, as per your screenshots. I had more than one escalated call when I worked for BA, saying that more things on BA.com should be highlighted in red as important - but to where almost everything would have been red... Can't win.

If your fare is indeed non-changeable as it appears to be, then it would have been displayed as you went through the booking process originally. You'd have got similar to your screenshots, but with appropriate wording for the fare you were getting. Wording that is hard to pull up again afterwards without access to additional systems.