FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)
Old Jun 30, 2022, 5:55 am
ATOBTTR
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I don't plan to stop flying, but all of the operational issues and horrendous lines in airports (such as a couple hours to enter AMS) have made me less enthusiastic about trying to fly this summer.
My wife doesn't believe me since I'm almost always looking for excuses to fly somewhere and looking to make the flying more "fun" which often involves more complex than otherwise necessary itineraries; however, I'm 1) really happy I'm actually not flying anywhere this holiday weekend and 2) will be less likely to plan/undertake complex itineraries or itineraries that might involve more "risk" for a while until the operational issues settle down to minimize the already higher than normal probability of things going south. For example, I just booked a ticket to LIH. For both AA and DL, if I wanted to use miles, I could not book as Ohio-DFW-HNL-LIH or Ohio-ATL/MSP-HNL-LIH on one ticket. I could book direct into LIH but it was via PHX or LAX on AA or LAX or SEA on DL with domestic F. If I wanted the lie-flat options via DFW or ATL/MSP, I would have to book as two tickets: one ticket to HNL and then a separate ticket on HA for HNL-LIH. In other times I would be more okay to take that "risk" and just book a comfortable "layover" in HNL to allow enough time to claim bags, switch terminals, and recheck for the island hopper. But with operational issues and schedule changes being what they are, I opted to use a DL voucher and book a revenue ticket that was booked to LIH on one ticket.

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
There is always the bus.

-J.
If by "bus" you mean an "Airbus", then yes, preferably on an Airbus A350 in the pointy end of the jet.