FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA85 - LHR - YVR delays
View Single Post
Old Jun 30, 2022, 1:43 am
Dave_C

Originally Posted by Ian45rpm
I flew BA 85 on Sunday and was grateful to only have a two hour delay, On Tuesday this week it left Heathrow at 10.30pm, instead of 5.15pm, and Monday, Wednesday the delays were 3 hours. On my flight the Pilot explained that the main reason for the delay was the requirement for the gate agents to check the arriveCan app for each passenger, meaning boarding took 1 hour 15mins and then another delay as they removed a bag for one passenger who was denied boarding, I have flown this flight 3 times since May and this was the first time that the gate agents had asked to see the arriveCan app on boarding. I assume this is a new requirement from Canada to try and alleviate the delays in Customs here? The knock on effect for BA 84 means that this flight is leaving in the midnight hours. I would suggest that it is time to get rid of the arriveCan app and the remaining restrictions that stop some non-Canadians from travelling.
Or you can use Verifly and it will give DOCSOK on the boarding pass, so no manual checks at the boarding gate required.