FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Test & Go Application Process changes
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2022, 6:31 pm
seigex

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
I arrived at BKK at approx 11:00 pm on 19 June. With fast track immigration (wasn't really necessary but I had it so...) I was in a car and on the way to the hotel in less than 30 mins. I arrived at my hotel in central Bangkok by midnight.

As the previous poster mentioned, no one checked my vax card - just TP.

I transited through Narita and all transit passengers were directed to a special area where TP was checked again. So TP was checked prior to departure in the US, again at Narita, and upon arrival. One suspects you will find a similar situation with the vax documentation along your route.

Edit to add: Did you take a photo of your vax card prior to misplacing it? If so, I'd probably bring the photo and the CVS QR code just to be safe.
Great info thanks, which airline did you take to Narita and did they let transit or people entering Japan off the plane first?

For the vax, I do have photos, just not the originals at the moment. I was considering having CVS recreate it.

Weird that they checked at Narita and good to know, last time I went to BKK and transited NRT they just dumped me right in to the terminal which has been policy since 2019 for US arrivals.

EDIT: CVS recreated my card in 5 minutes

Last edited by seigex; Jun 29, 2022 at 6:43 pm