FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - British Airways change in Conditions of Carriage after 30/9/22
Old Jun 29, 2022, 10:39 am
kimbray

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Normally there would be a lot of detail there, including the fare basis, in one of the first few lines, but because (I suspect) of the Upgrade using Avios it's now outside Amadeus and effectively an internal fare. If you remove the UuA you end up with a public fare, but even to do that you have to pay £35 and pay to regularise your booking to WT. You basically need to talk to a clued up agent in Newcastle or Bremen (not India or South Africa) who can then tell you if the removed UuA + fees ends you in a better place than just throwing the ticket away.
Again SUPER helpful! All agents I have talked to after waiting on hold an average of 1 hr each time are in India. When I ask the simple question (asked multiple times when called in to all India call center agents), "What are the change fees and new fare for changing my outbound from Sept22 to Sept 25?", I get another hour on hold, interacting with back office, each agent telling me different things along the way, and net net back to where we have started.

My question is HOW do you get to these BA super agents you reference? I agree, I have believed thru this process and a key lessen learned is don't book a "book and upgrade" fare with BA. It is better to book a fare and then call in to upgrade (I have done this before with no issues).