FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - British Airways change in Conditions of Carriage after 30/9/22
Old Jun 29, 2022, 9:43 am
kimbray

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
To answer the questions: you did actually show the change conditions for your fare, it's a scrape from the fare basis of NHW5C7M5, where BA.com has chopped off the header and footer information as well as applicability, since the fare obviously applies to get to that point. There is a general principle here that fare changes before travel involve a full repricing before departure, plus any change fee. After travel has started then you are on "historical" basis - that is in the repricing conditions. Depending on markets, this is a common situation. So if you want to move the date forward you have to pay. However it's not clear that you did buy NHW5C7M5. You can find the real fare basis via Royal Air Maroc in Manage Bookings / Purchase Conditions. In the first lines you will typically see BA and then the fare basis.

Typically it will be expensive to try and turn an infexible ticket to a flexible one, particularly if it is in relation to the first flight. What may be getting lost in this is that a refund will typically be taxes only, a rebooking is a probably expensive reprice. There is nothing you can do now to get that ticket under BWC, however if BA cancels or heavily changes the outbound then you will get flexibility at that point. BA tends to make changes 2 or 3 weeks before departure.
OMG. A post that explains exactly my situation. Thank you corporate-wage-slave! This is exactly the detail I was seeking so thank you. I am willing to reprice my entire trip (it is actually less expensive to fly World Traveller Plus WITHOUT points than what I paid with points back in April) but they are not even letting me do that because of my book and upgrade I believe. If you see in post below, I paid ~$1,600 + 32,500 Avios for World Traveller Plus back in April for flights I wanted at the time. I repriced a few days ago for the new outbound and same return and with pure $$ it was ~$1,300 for World Traveller Plus. But because the the orignial fare T&Cs on the outbound that I have never ever seen documented, they are not willing/able to change even with a change fee. They just keep saying you cannot change your outbound.

SECOND OMG, I have to go to a different carrier's website to get purchase conditions!!!! Great to see that I can use another carriers web site to see what my fare conditions are on BA, but ALAS not helpful. When I click on purchase conditions on Royal Air Maroc, I see the following under all tabs under purchase conditions (penalties and surchanges, additional purchase restrictions, etc.).
ADULT

Penalties

Not applicable to this fare.Not applicable to this fare.

ADULT

Surcharges

Not applicable to this fare.Not applicable to this fare.Under Full rule text

ADULT

Full Rule Text

Not applicable to this fare.