FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - British Airways change in Conditions of Carriage after 30/9/22
Old Jun 29, 2022, 8:58 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by kimbray
Hello everyone. I posted what I believed were the needed details around my situation as some were asking what is the real intent/ask. I have done this. Have not gotten any constructive feedback on next steps. Thanks!
To answer the questions: you did actually show the change conditions for your fare, it's a scrape from the fare basis of NHW5C7M5, where BA.com has chopped off the header and footer information as well as applicability, since the fare obviously applies to get to that point. There is a general principle here that fare changes before travel involve a full repricing before departure, plus any change fee. After travel has started then you are on "historical" basis - that is in the repricing conditions. Depending on markets, this is a common situation. So if you want to move the date forward you have to pay. However it's not clear that you did buy NHW5C7M5. You can find the real fare basis via Royal Air Maroc in Manage Bookings / Purchase Conditions. In the first lines you will typically see BA and then the fare basis.

Typically it will be expensive to try and turn an infexible ticket to a flexible one, particularly if it is in relation to the first flight. What may be getting lost in this is that a refund will typically be taxes only, a rebooking is a probably expensive reprice. There is nothing you can do now to get that ticket under BWC, however if BA cancels or heavily changes the outbound then you will get flexibility at that point. BA tends to make changes 2 or 3 weeks before departure.