FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase cards Trip Cancellation/Interruption/Delay insurance benefits (2020-2023)
Old Jun 29, 2022, 6:10 am
boerne

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Thank you. How and when and where do these countries actually “accept” (look at) coverage?

I have military retiree healthcare which is Medicare (not free, appropriate premium for income) and Tricare for Life as no premium supplemental (Medigap) coverage. Tricare for Life covers all (including COVID) overseas medical care at 100% (less usual deductible). Problem is that these systems are so large and inefficient that it’s impossible to get verification/proof of insurance, “just show them your military ID”. Doubt Israel or any other country would accept a retired US military ID as “proof” of (COVID) medical insurance.
requirements can change daily almost
Santiago- The long entry line at the airport had the first stop to look at documents. February. Hard copies seemed easier. Our travel buddies had to buy some on the spot because their retirement Kaiser insurance was not accepted
Israel- We had conflicting reports about this since we had family members heading there in May with overlapping trips. We arrived by ship, got the entry PCR, showed passports, and were never asked to show insurance. As of now I don't think you need to worry about Israel. Check this link with the entry requirements

https://corona.health.gov.il/en/abro...%20to%20Israel.

Update 6/29 on previous filing of 6/10- Called eclaims, 20 minute hold, was told they had received all documents and will be sent something when assigned to a reviewer. So, that whole 5 business days is a farce, expect longer, but at least verified they got my stuff, and nobody had laid eyes on it yet.

Last edited by boerne; Jun 29, 2022 at 9:29 am