FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help!!! Auto-Cancelled Reservation -- UA says "cancelled by user on the web"
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:23 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by elisaz
... The rep mentioned there was no way to password protect a reservation basically saying that if anyone has your info the can cancel. I find that hard to believe and if that is true, incredibly unsafe.
There have been some mentions of this over the years and also mentions that some have been told it does not exist.

One specific mention I could find is dated
https://onemileatatime.com/someone-d...-travel-plans/ While AA related, in the comments there is a UA case

Update: I was able to get the agent to make a note on the reservation to say that it cannot be altered without providing the full CC number, date of birth, and name of passengers. So far so good, no cancellation emails so thank you for suggesting that. I am unable to fully check in and get boarding passes as the passport info was not provided in advance but can still see the reservation....
Concern if will this block online cancellations

Weird side note: As soon as I hung up the phone with the agent, I got two missed calls from "Fly Hbbs Yr Tck". I picked up the second call saying "hello" and was hung up on. Maybe I did get hacked?! I have already changed my United password.
Google search the number?

Did you ever call a "United Reservation" number found by a google search before this, some are not United and can be a problem.

Scammed by a fake UA call center {Consoldiated}

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 28, 2022 at 11:26 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member