FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Premier MasterCard (60,000 points for $4,000 spend in 3 months)
Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:59 pm
flyer4512

Originally Posted by mia
Citi cannot see the 3 business card accounts. The "unused credit" factor is one that Citi and Capital One seem to use to identify churners.
Originally Posted by diesteldorf
It has been 3 years, since I applied for a Citi card. I applied for the Hilton Honors card 4 weeks ago, and was at 4/24 when I applied for the Citi Premier, and was instantly approved.

I currently have around 15-16 personal cards, but only 1 Citi card. I probably put $10-$20 in monthly charges on that credit card and also paid $1-$2 in interest last year, because I didn't realize I paid less than the total balance one month. I also have a very modest Citi checking and savings account.

My credit score is also 800+. Of your active personal cards, how many are with Citi? Regardless, it's frustrating to be declined. I would consider calling reconsideration next week. Good Luck.

Yea it's funny I don't have that much unused credit as I lower limits on cards I'm done making the spend on the $2k...........for example at Chase I have 4 open cards but only 8k total credit.

I don't have any Citi cards open, last Citi cards were during the AA fiasco..............Amex and Barclay also don't have any crazy amounts of unused credit.

I read something about 6 months between new cards, my last card before the Amex approval later last night was just over 5 months ago.

Maybe I'll call Citi and see what they say. Thanks