FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Injury during hotel stay
View Single Post
Old Jun 28, 2022, 2:55 pm
Adam1222

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by st8dm
thanks for your replies
location/jurisdiction: Bucharest

I do have many detailed photos of my injury as well as the actual circumstances.

It is not ok to place a trap in an underground parking.
These are notoriously dim lighten. All you need a is a sharp edge on your shoulder level, a narrow exit - and you're set.

I noticed quite a few sarcastic replies, I wish their authors such an event to never occur to them.
I will not entertain them by replying or being sarcastic back. I understand this is not an issue for them - ok.

The injury was larger than any band-aid I know and quite bloody. My shirt was all a mess. It was more like a knife wound than a simple scratch.

I asked here because, maybe, someone has a related incident. I am not a litigious person and I don't think it's reason to sue. I have no infectious symptoms by now and I think my immune system dealt well with the impurities which breach my skin.

What I had in mind was some discounts / free something, not millions or shares.

Three days later the GM come back with an apologetic call. He ensured me the problem will be fixed and asked if I want something as an amendment.

I was not specific, I let it up to him. Noticing I'm a recurring client, he offered free nights. Which did not work for me since I am aiming for the Platinum and I need the nights. Then he said I will get a discount which will make the nights practically free, in order to still count towards the status. I was fine with it.
I don't know how many nights, let's see.

There were several things not in order:
- they didn't had a complains journal
- the receptionist was out of his depth
- that was basically a trap. You cannot park the car correctly and left unscathed

You all know, when you travel you are very tired. I was not and still got it.

But still, hotels are supposed to be safe environments, where such events should never take place.

safe travels to all,
Stefan

My apologies if you mistook honest answers for sarcasm. I do not think saying this was a pleasant or good thing to happen. When you post on a public forum and ask a question, people assume you actually are interested in the answer. You came and posed the question of what a reasonable amount of compensation would be, and referenced litigation. People gave their impression that an expectation of financial compensation for an injury that did not require medical attention, or references to litigation, were not reasonable. You now clarify you were meaning "discounts", which was not clear from your original post. You were offered free nights, which is an extremely generous offer. (If it was indeed like a knife wound, I hope you did indeed seek medical treatment. You mentioned "drops" of blood, and perhaps there is an English issue, but that indicates an extremely minor injury.)

I will add that the laundry list of additional complaints does not help your cause. That the receptionist was "out of his depth" seems like a baseless complaint. If this is a serious issue, it cannot be resolved by the receptionist. It was resolved by the manager. The end.