FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Gate Agent Refuses to Upgrade EXP using SWU into Business
Old Jun 28, 2022, 2:35 pm
Stripe

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
One solution for this would be to do what NW did 20 years ago -- take control away from the agents (all agents) and let the system handle the upgrades per the approved algorithm. One button should clear any remaining upgrades in the established priority order.
NW did a lot of things right from the standpoint of automation and online experience. Here we are 13 years after their acquisition by DL and I don't think anyone has come close. Of course, their actual operations were often a mess and they certainly had some high-handed agents but overall they were easy to deal with.

But this issue of GA's making stuff up is not unique to AA. My wife and I were #1 and 2 on the upgrade waitlist for a DTW-PWM flight on DL. When we left the club to go to our gate we found F was full and we were still in Y. The GA said she had called our names and when we didn't answer she moved on down the list. That was not standard practice and I got an apology and a chink of miles when I complained.