FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Injury during hotel stay
View Single Post
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:43 am
st8dm

Programs: LH MM SEN & many others+++
thanks for your replies
location/jurisdiction: Bucharest

I do have many detailed photos of my injury as well as the actual circumstances.

It is not ok to place a trap in an underground parking.
These are notoriously dim lighten. All you need a is a sharp edge on your shoulder level, a narrow exit - and you're set.

I noticed quite a few sarcastic replies, I wish their authors such an event to never occur to them.
I will not entertain them by replying or being sarcastic back. I understand this is not an issue for them - ok.

The injury was larger than any band-aid I know and quite bloody. My shirt was all a mess. It was more like a knife wound than a simple scratch.

I asked here because, maybe, someone has a related incident. I am not a litigious person and I don't think it's reason to sue. I have no infectious symptoms by now and I think my immune system dealt well with the impurities which breach my skin.

What I had in mind was some discounts / free something, not millions or shares.

Three days later the GM come back with an apologetic call. He ensured me the problem will be fixed and asked if I want something as an amendment.

I was not specific, I let it up to him. Noticing I'm a recurring client, he offered free nights. Which did not work for me since I am aiming for the Platinum and I need the nights. Then he said I will get a discount which will make the nights practically free, in order to still count towards the status. I was fine with it.
I don't know how many nights, let's see.

There were several things not in order:
- they didn't had a complains journal
- the receptionist was out of his depth
- that was basically a trap. You cannot park the car correctly and left unscathed

You all know, when you travel you are very tired. I was not and still got it.

But still, hotels are supposed to be safe environments, where such events should never take place.

safe travels to all,
Stefan