FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2021/22 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Jun 27, 2022, 1:09 pm
jamiegutz

Programs: EY Platinum, MH Gold
I was on BA328 from LHR-CDG a few weeks ago that arrived in CDG over 3 hours late. Ground staff told us that the reason for the delay was because there was no flight crew.

I've submitted an EC261 claim which has been rejected twice:

First attempt was rejected because the delay was 'operational' (EF had the code ZO)

Second attempt (reply to the first rejection) was rejected because of bad weather which resulted in 'the airport' be closed.

I've replied with a list of short haul flights around the same time as BA328 that were delayed slightly on depearture but managed to arrive within a reasonable time after their scheduled arrival (within 30-45 mins), highlighting that BA328 was the only flight around that time that arrived more than 3 hours late.

Also a list of arrivals in CDG around the scheduled arrival time, most of which landed ahead of schedule.

Lastly, there was an AF flight that departed about an hour after our scheduled departure and was able to arrive in CDG on time (2 hours before BA328 actually landed)

Is there anything else I should be highlighting to them to support my case?

I'm expecting another rejection but let's see.