FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Back-to-back (B2B) / Immediate Turnarounds at BA Destinations
Old Jun 27, 2022, 6:49 am
lowdownlo

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Spongthrush
Curious to know how you got on at DUB?

Yesterday (24-Jun) we arrived into Dublin at 0930 and glad we did, had to check in once it opened at 1300 for the doc checks etc as couldn't do it online....it was the US address in one of the PNRs that was an issue....but having been in the Priority queue when the desk opened it took an hour to get checked in and then around 45 mins in the Fast Track security queue. Managed one can of Guinness in the lounge before boarding.

Only asking as we end up back at DUB on Monday with a B2B booked. After yesterday's experience I'm not sure it's worth the stress for 40+10TPs! But if the Flight Connections route works, we'd be delighted to hear!
Sorry for the late reply.

I ended up abandoning my original outbound B2B and booked the 06:40 flight with Aer Lingus to DUB. That flight subsequently got cancelled and I had to re-book to another earlyish Aer Lingus flight still with a ~3 hours margin. DUB custom was not too bad but, as others have mentioned, security is awful even for Fast Track.

All in all I made it to my ex-EU outbound from DUB but it was full of stress and I won't be using DUB as a starting point any time soon. I did not attempt the Flight Connections as KARFA pointed out that this is pretty useless in DUB.

I still have my final sector to DUB to complete the trip and it is booked as another B2B, I am very tempted to give it a miss now

Last edited by lowdownlo; Jun 27, 2022 at 7:06 am Reason: Additional comment