FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bali, Indonesia
Old Jun 27, 2022, 1:41 am
dannybhoy

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Did 3 days in the Wow Suite, a few weeks ago. W is humming, much as it was. Starfish Bloo open again for breakfast, which it wasn't in early May. I was a bit surprised that more work hadn't been done during the downturn. Yes, I saw some new chairs near the lobby, but some areas of the resort looked a bit tired...a power wash here and there might help, the pool floats looked kind of grungy, just little things like that. But if you've been there before, you'll definitely appreciate being back. Some of the same staff is there, too, it was nice to be recognized after two years (as we had visited each year since the property opening). Seminyak is marginally less hectic than in the past, and the best eateries are open again. If the W Seminyak is your thing (as it is for us), you'll have a great time.

Safe travels - Jamie
The Nusa Dua resorts, specifically Laguna and Westin, are undergoing refurbishment works. Much more extensive it seems at the Laguna than the Westin. Understandable given that Nusa Dua enclave is almost certainly the ground zero for the G20 Summit in November and a couple of the most important ASEAN meetings/summits during the Indonesian chairmanship in 2023.

I was at the Laguna mid-June and there was audible and visible construction noise (mainly grinding), but by no means intolerable or close to it by my standards at any rate. Can't say that it negatively impacted my stay, especially since I had a good deal for a villa.