FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buenos Aires (EZE) - the ultimate Q&A thread
Old Jun 26, 2022, 7:32 pm
TIVAgal

Programs: WOH Glob
Back to US now with a brief trip report: we stayed 5 days at PHBA on the tower side (used a suite upgrade for park suite) and two on the palace side. Beautiful room on the ninth floor with great views of palace and courtyard. Had planned to go to Salta and Iguazu falls for a few nights but then changed plans to stay in BA the entire 9 nights. After our first five nights, moved to Palermo to stay at Miravida Soho hotel and wine bar. It was no Park Hyatt but it was clean and friendly and we had a good room with a terrace. That neighborhood was GREAT for restos and just walking around-had some of our best meals there. Then back to Park Hyatt for final two nights and I requested to be on palace side--with globalist upgrade they put us in a palace king suite and it was LOVELY. Huge windows opened out over the courtyard, soaker tub, beautiful big room (though not a true suite, just a big room with living area). The housekeeping came and did a really nice job every morning while we were at breakfast, and evening turndown service included re-making the bed, closing the black-out shades and curtains, putting towels out on the bathroom floor in front of our sinks, slippers at the ready bedside and setting up tea service. The lobby and breakfast staff were very friendly, we got to know several of them by name...when we got back from our couple of nights in Palermo they said "Welcome home!" which was sweet.
Tours: we did a 4 hour private car tour around BA, that was great way to get to know city at the start. Also did two bike tours with Biker Street (one focused on northern part of city, other on southern parts). Finally, a walking tour in Recoleta Cemetery. All great tours and would suggest. Not sure I would suggest the tango show (I thought the street dancers were just as good if not better), we went to Cafe de los Angelitos, arrived after having dinner.
Restos: Fervor (steakhouse) was pretty traditional and very good. All the restos in the Park Hyatt were quite good, the vegan one off the lobby on the tower side was impressive, and had fabulous gin-based cocktails. Had beers a couple times at Buller up by the cemetery, it was good beer. We enjoyed choripan at Neustra Parilla in san telmo mercado. Another lunch we had blood sausage and milanesa at El Preferido de Palermo, sat at the bar and enjoyed watching the team work. Traditional steakhouse meal at El Mirasol de La Recova (good steak, nothing exciting). The very best meals we had were Las Pizarras Bistro, Picaron, Gran Dabbang, Julia's (got in off the waitlist!), Chila and Roux. I think we agreed that our favorite was Julia (tasting menu) and the most interesting was Gran Dabbang. The Posadas Cambio was super convenient, a block from PH, and when we ran out of USD we did the Western Union transfer (though had to wait in line almost an hour to do so). We used both cabify and regular city taxis without issue. I felt totally safe walking all over on my own, but I'm not flashy so don't call much attention. Happy to try to answer any questions. We're trying to figure out when we can go back!