FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travelling to Bethesda for work. Which airport to choose?
Old Jun 25, 2022, 10:29 pm
rustum76

Originally Posted by JacobVB27
Good morning Rustum,

Glad you will be visiting DC with family and then also doing some business in Bethesda. I highly suggest using only metro to get to your hotel, the sites, and Bethesda. Many of the attractions you will be visiting will be near metro stations and on the DC Circulator route. However, if you are staying in Bethesda before you leave to IAD, I suggest taking Uber, Lyft, or a cab. Taking the metro from Bethesda someone would need to go into the city and then back out while can been done, isn't exactly a convenient route. However, if you are remaining at the Embassy Suites location in DC, walk to McPherson Square metro station. Then take it out to Reston-Wiehle East. It is somewhat a straight shoot and while time-consuming a lot more relaxing then being on the road.
Hi JacobVB27 and silverthief2,
Thanks for detailed information. We are staying until 05/7 in ES. By 05/7 evening, we will be switching to hotel in Bethesda provided by Client. Then, we will be flying back from IAD on 08/7. We will have 2 evenings in Bethesda to spend some time. What are the areas close by Bethesda we can visit for few hours in the evening after the work.
We are planning to visit Natural history museum. We will go there by 10am either on 02/7 or 03/7.

Regarding making vising places into clusters, I am thinking of this order,
Day 1 (07/2): Visiting places close to Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument and Memorials (West side).
Day 2 (07/3): Visiting Natural history museum, WH and any Museum close to History Museum (Central area).
Day 3 (07/4): Capital Hill, Court and botanic garden (East side).

Not sure which is the best to go and watch July 4th fireworks. I guess somewhere close to Lincoln Memorial. We also have half days on 07/1 and 07/5 to visit some places. We can take Uber/Lyft to go from one place to other place along National mall road right?

Last edited by rustum76; Jun 25, 2022 at 10:38 pm