FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Extending your membership status - Malaysia Airlines Flight
Old Jun 25, 2022, 2:50 pm
traveler18

Programs: CX Diamond, AA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
FWIW - I emailed MP and specifically asked the same question but for an AA itinerary LAX-MEX-LAX on discounted "I" business class. I provided them the routing, the class fare and fare to be paid and asked them to confirm that the itinerary would qualify to extend the MP status to 12/23. The did reply and confirmed it. I flew the segments over 30 days ago. It does not yet reflect the extension. I also transferred from AMEX 30K miles after registering for the offer to salvage over 250K expiring miles - they replied I need to wait 6 weeks after transfer to reflect no expiration date on miles

All these efforts may be in vain though. I need to fly next month LAX-MNL-LAX. CX asks for $13,000 US in Business and has a lousy limited schedule. ANA has business for around $4,000 US (AMEX platinum fare) and daily flights with good schedules. I will be flying ANA and have asked them for status match (no reply yet). I hope CX makes it - I flew the LAX-MNL-LAX route several times a year in business and first. They were excellent....