FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Update: Daily Food & Beverage Credit 2022 onwards in the U.S. and Canada
Old Jun 25, 2022, 12:02 pm
Super Mario

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Originally Posted by devans999
I got bit by the executive lounge exception this weekend in nashville. I checked in via app since we didn't arrive until late, and didn't even know there was a lounge and there was no signage that f&b credits aren't given. Ate breakfast twice at the lobby restaurant, and dinner at the nice restaurant once expecting the credit. Did walk in the lounge the last day, the breakfast we very weak, basically hampton inn level or less. Frankly it's ridiculous that a gold member that isn't upgraded to club level gets a better experience (as they can use the credit for a made to order meal in the lobby restaurant) than diamond that gets forced to use the lounge only for breakfast, defeating the whole *benefit* of the f&b credit. I see it listed in the FAQ here, is that 100% the case at every hotel that has a lounge that you get no F&B credit?
The day has arrived where we are now complaining about a benefit that's always been here. One that we also complained about for going away. Diamond members can complain that their executive lounge is not steak and eggs. While gold members (not upgraded to the lounge) can complain that the credit won't cover anything on the menu with juice. Btw, most hotels are going to do what is cheapest or easiest. Which is upgrading gold members to lounge access.

Why would there be F&B signs? What expectations of covering amenities during digital check-in have there been before? Perhaps some of the disappointment is rooted in "hotels are terrible. All executive lounges are closed!" that you read on here?