FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa 5-star certification from Skytrax [2017-22]
Old Jun 25, 2022, 7:10 am
behuman

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
4 stars is still honourable, still will never understand why people fly MEA

Originally Posted by weero
I know Skytractor is a bit opaque but I wonder what the downgrade was based upon .
Skytrax is opaque indeed and in addition completely meaningless. Possibly LH group management stopped paying the "consultancy fee" and rightly so. Perhaps there are better investments for the benefit of the product.

Originally Posted by weero
I take LH any day over these two. I would not even consider QR a good airline, let alone a 5 star one.
QR may be a "good" airline, BUT

Originally Posted by kai.lileboo
Oh no? You wouldn't consider very good hard product on board QR, excellent food, good staff and new nice planes with lavish interiors? I am not defending them, just giving my experience on those which I flew with..
the company and the country it is owned by, is a nasty appalling place when it comes to human, women, gay, workers rights and you name it. Basic values are completely ignored and THIS will make many people (including me) wanting NEVER fly with any MEA. When I see a well known gay travel blogger* posing with his husband on these flights, I can only be appalled by such inconsistency. (*It's the guy who started a fight over a baggage tag with one of the lovely LH lounge agents in MXP shaming her over the internet by quoting also her name - this would have landed him somewhere else in a MEA country).

Originally Posted by kai.lileboo
Can't believe my eyes! IS that een possible? C class from HAM to?
This looks like "Condor" class on AR on a three hours flight.