FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2021/22 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Jun 25, 2022, 4:13 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by steveholt
I had DUB-LHR flights for this upcoming Tuesday cancelled by BA, so within the 14-day window. I went to MMB and rebooked myself on the latest possible flight that day, which is DUB-LCY. My original flight landed at 18:55, while this new flight lands at 17:30. Would I still be eligible for EU261, since my flight was cancelled (and there was no available BA flight to LHR within several hours?)
I know this is complicated, but we need both original and new arrival and departure times with cancellations. Looking up the times, the LCY departs at 15:55 and the cancelled LHR service departs at 17:25 So that means the service is eligible for EC261. However if BA had offered you the Aer Lingus services to LGW or LHR then you would not be eligible since there were services which operated within the permitted time windows. It wouldn't matter if you accepted or declined the Aer Lingus services.