FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return
View Single Post
Old Jun 24, 2022, 5:02 am
palmanfr

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by patvd
From PL’s T&Cs:
YQ not charged is clearly an error, the sale can be invalidated, no ticket, no EU261, end of story.
Originally Posted by patvd
But even then, the fare in your example is 10 times the one you paid, again clearly an error so sale invalidated.
I consulted a consumer organisation, which is quite keen to attack airlines over minor issues, they don’t see a case here and told me to accept the refund and move on.
And I can also find you tickets on the same route which exceed 10k and some which are at 2k. And I can also find you tickets at 1.2k on competing airlines. I am not questioning the overall price here (and you should not either), I am stating that the difference between what is seen as a "legit" 900-ish Euro IB-issued ticket and an "invalid" 350-ish Euro LA-issued ticket is that IB ALWAYS charges a YQ component (600-ish Euros on this route) and LA NEVER charges YQ. The base fare for those two tickets is overall the same.
So how can an airline or OTA invalidate a ticket because no YQ was charged if this particular airline NEVER charges any YQ ?
Btw, have you booked any tickets on this fare ? Which one ?
I am very intrigued about which customer organization you are talking about. Please share details, especially if based in Spain or Europe.

Last edited by palmanfr; Jun 24, 2022 at 5:07 am