FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Kuwait REVIEW MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Jun 24, 2022, 5:02 am
khabah

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
I went for a tour of the property last week, and let me just say: holy - this has to be the finest Grand Hyatt in the world from a hard product perspective, the owners have spared NO expense in making this property a stunner. The public spaces are absolutely beautiful, the rooms are airy with light tones, high ceilings and floor-to-ceiling/wall-to-wall windows, the restaurants are each stunning in their own right [the Chinese restaurant, Mei Li, is a particular show-stopper], the spa is decked in wood and wonderfully rendered, the meeting spaces are lovely... you get the image. The views over the highway, mall and surrounding scrubby desert aren't inspiring in the least, but at least the rooms are flooded with light and are gorgeous havens to be in.

Some additional notes:
  • There is a direct connection to the expansion building of the 360 Mall, which also includes the Rafa Nadal Tennis Academy and a 5000-capacity multipurpose arena
  • Every room has a walk-in wardrobe and freestanding tub, including the entry-level rooms
  • Restaurants include Turkish [this will function as the all-day dining venue], Chinese, a French-style brasserie directly connected to the mall and the lobby lounge
  • The indoor pool is part of the spa, and will 99.9 percent NOT be available for children to use
  • Target demographic is GCC weekenders and corporate guests
Attaching some photos of the lobby lounge from the hotel's Instagram, and two snaps of the pool and Jacuzzi I took from inside the spa.

Currently accepting reservations from September 1st this year, but the plan is to move it up to August 15th.

khabah