FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return
View Single Post
Old Jun 24, 2022, 4:44 am
megaloman

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by palmanfr
That's because LA does not charge YQ on their tickets. See fare structure of the examples below. Exactly the same dates and flights. One on IB stock and the other one on LA stock. See the difference? No YQ on LA. Confirmed when looking at the price details when trying to make a booking on the respective LATAM and IB websites...
So the fact the OTA did not charge me for a YQ on a LA-issued ticket is therefore normal. Booking on the same OTA a IB-issued ticket would have costed me the YQ on top of the fare. I don't think LA and IB are in a joint-venture on the South Atlantic routes (unlike AA/AY/BA/IB on the north atlantic - in that case YQ is always charged whatever the issuing airline is).
I think LA and IB still have some sort of partnership on South American routes ex-MAD - they have code share flights on each other flights and even LA fares allow booking IB prime flights on long haul segments. I know the plan to have an extensive partnership with IAG/BA has been dropped, but LA-IB survived somehow. I did a quick google to find details whether it's Joint Business and profit sharing or just code share agreement, but haven't found anything concrete.