FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why don't late flights, once en route, get prioritized in the air and at the airport
Old Jun 23, 2022, 10:54 pm
COSPILOT

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by DELee
Wow. There's a bunch rolled up together there. Does he still fly into OGG?

David
No, he is in Montana now. I’ve never seen him get so mad on the radio. We had flown together multiple times, but that day the tower upset him (I was fine). It was only during our island hopping that day that he told me what happened between the two of them. I won’t share details but I believe my friend did the right thing.

I wanted to fly to Midway, half joking as I knew we didn’t have the fuel for it, nor was it allowed anymore. He was so upset he didn’t care and said fly wherever you want Jeff. So I island hopped for hours while he sat mostly silent. I was in the middle of a divorce, so my life wasn’t spectacular at the time either.

Back on topic, the annoyance was that the tower held us for almost 30 minutes before we could depart OGG. 182’s don’t have air conditioning, and it was hot sitting still. He was very vocal and expressed his displeasure.

The history of these two goes back decades, they were even best friends for a while.

Last edited by COSPILOT; Jun 23, 2022 at 11:06 pm