FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why don't late flights, once en route, get prioritized in the air and at the airport
Old Jun 23, 2022, 5:07 pm
COSPILOT

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by mtofell
Ground crew ops are kind of a mystery. Just recently (and to OP's point) my inbound plane had to sit and wait due to a mechanical issue with the plane occupying our gate. The problematic lane was fixed and left the gate about two hours late. At this point the inbound plane had sat away from the gate for about 90 minutes. So, gate is empty but nothing happened. The pilots for my flight were mulling around and I asked them what was going on and they said there was no ground crew available. So, it was another 45 minutes before the plane could pull in. I would have thought that we'd get into some priority line for a ground crew since we were already late but I guess not.

The airport was OGG (Maui) which is usually okay but it doesn't take much for things to go sideways. I suppose the same can be said for any airport.
I was flying private out of OGG once and the tower delayed our departure so bad my pilot buddy ripped them on the radio. Upon our return we had to call the senior supervisor. Turns out the staff at OGG had a personal vendetta against my friend and enjoyed making his life miserable.