FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)
Old Jun 23, 2022, 10:45 am
sau54

Originally Posted by jsloan
In terms of the airport experience, that's pretty much universally true. I suppose there are a few dedicated 1K checkin lines in some airports, but that's about it. The last 1K-specific clubs closed, what, 20 years ago?
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
I'm always in Polaris, but I think 1K/Polaris T2 checkin is combined at the podium(s) just downwind of the GS checkin podium? It's right next to Premier Access podiums, so worth a quick look.
So given what you guys have said, and I know it's not a perfect comparison, but it's safe to say that flying VS and BA will give the best experience flying into and out of LHR?

Originally Posted by ani90
There is an effort. That's why United has an arrival lounge there and also why the United Club at Heathrow is probably the best United Club in the network (at least it used to be). I suppose maybe the next step would be a Polaris lounge but the roll out has been very slow, even in the US hubs

This thread is about lounges at Heathrow and not general 1K benefits - in terms of lounge access, as stated, all Star Gold have same entitlements.
From the pictures that I've seen of the English breakfast served at the UC, I think you may be right. I had the privilege of checking out the breakfast at UC SFO and it was a massive disappointment. I haven't flown UA to LHR during the pandemic so I don't know what the breakfast spread is like. The OneWorld and Virgin lounges at LHR T3 are simply fantastic! Plus, there's the Centurion Lounge.