FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying SJ tickets from USA via internet?
View Single Post
Old Jun 22, 22, 6:45 pm
mixmastermark

Programs: Alaska 75K (RIP VX), Hyatt Globalist, BonVoy Plat, National Exec
2022 SJ Credit Card Update

SOLUTION -- Use the SJ app from your phone!

APP
I was able to successfully purchase SJ train tickets with an American credit card (FINALLY) by downloading and using the SJ app on my iPhone. The process is easier and much better designed than the website.

WEBSITE
I had no luck on the SJ trains website and tried multiple credit cards. When I finally reached customer service employee (via online webchat), I fed them the trip details, only for them to conclude by sending a payment link to the same portal from the website... which failed again.

PHONE
I read that you could call them, but when I tried to call, I was behind 149 other people in queue. If you want to try, their phone number from the US is +46 77 175 75 75 (let the prompt play, then it will switch to English) and note that their call center hours are limited (opens 9AM Swedish time).

OMIO or HAPPYRAIL
If you still want to book online, it appears that one can also buy SJ train tickets from either omio.com or happyrail.com. I opted not use them because it would not allow me to choose my seats, instead they offer you a seat preference window/aisle/table, etc while seating you together with your party. Prices were roughly similar to SJ's website, with a higher processing fee, but nowhere nearly as expensive as RailNinja

Hope this helps others struggling with SJ's train ticketing website.