FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travelling to Bethesda for work. Which airport to choose?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 5:47 pm
djp98374

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by rustum76
Thanks for the information. There are 2-3 homewood/Embassy suites around Chinatown and dc downtown. Which area is better for Hotel. I am going to use points. They are asking around 60k per night.
the motto is close to the main arena ( Capitol one) where NHL/NBA teams play. A metro entry is at the arena on the side the hotel is in so it’s a block away.

from DCA you take yellow line to Chinatown station.

The arena area has survived better with Covid with events going on. Parts of Chinatown/ downtown has been hammered by people working from home after Covid.

i work near McPherson station and many of the restaurants/stores around there closed. Some reopened some transferred ownership. You used to have Starbucks just about everywhere within3 blocks you were standing. Many of those closed with only about 1 in 5 or so surviving.

mixuse neighborhoods survived much better or places where people still go into work like the White House area had better survival.

only last month did my work finally say we are all telework but I still go in some because of what I do,

Last edited by djp98374; Jun 22, 2022 at 5:55 pm