FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2021/22 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Jun 22, 2022, 10:58 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by steve170461
No worries. Is it normal for BA to have offered a resolution for one issue only to threaten to rescind this should the customer turn to CEDR to resolve a seperate delay on the same ticket?
That's 100% normal, and I wouldn't read anything at all into it, probably their lawyers told them to say that. I had it on the one and only CEDR case that I have personally had with BA, and in the end they didn't withdraw the Avios gesture and early on in the CEDR process they agreed to pay EC261 delay compensation. If BA have agreed what I think is the outbound, they are not in a position to change their mind about it. Usually they would pay that before CEDR got involved. Some aspects of weather are not obvious to a layperson - things like CB cloud activity, cross winds, high temperatures and so on. But still, it's over to BA to prove their case. If it is weather they will present specific information at CEDR level and then you have an opportunity to check it, including with the people int his forum.