FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oneworld booking and pricing experiences
View Single Post
Old Jun 22, 2022, 9:06 am
headinclouds

Well, time to consider a DONEx trip since my last AONE4 was during the Egyptian pound collapse in 2017. I have read thru the forum over the last few months in order to check the status of ticketing these trips.

It seems that the AA RTW desk has deteriorated in quality over the last few years. Because the 1st 2 segments are on QR Is this still the best option? I assume that the oneworld web site still cannot process an itinerary with QR as the 1st segment.

Since the trip is ex-OSL, I assume that the cost is in NOK converted to USD if AA does the ticketing. There was an example with the pricing in EUR from the oneword website. Don’t want a NOK to EUR to USD conversion on my credit card.

My 2010 version of the rules was more explicit regarding changes.

(a) Date/time/oneworld carrier/inventory changes are permitted provided ticketed points remain the same.(b) Changes other than to Date/time/oneworld carrier/inventory permitted at a charge of USD125.00 per transaction.

The current rules are: Changes are permitted provided ticketed points remain the same. Changes to ticketed points permitted at a charge of USD125.00 per transaction.

Is this a problem when changing dates/flights/carrier?

I’m planning a DONE3, but may change to a DONE4 after starting the trip. Any issues with doing so other than the extra cost for the DONE4 using the rates at the time of ticketing of the original DONE3?

What are the current opening hours and phone number for AA RTW desk?

Thanks.