FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travelling to Bethesda for work. Which airport to choose?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:59 pm
rustum76

Originally Posted by djp98374
traveling over DC on weekend of the 4th will be expensive. DC is popular destination then.

how close is the place you are staying in Bethesda to the metro station?

to get to BWI it’s metro to union station the $7 MARC train to BWI airport station the free bus to airport. It’s about 45 min to take the train/ bus to the airport. The bus is usually there waiting for the MARC arrival.

the week your family is in you could stay a little closer to the city along red line like DuPont circle area

with red line you go to metro center or galleria stations and transfer to other lines to get to the mall in DC and the near by things.
Client is going to book hotel during working days. They are insisting on going back and traveling again for following week. July 4th week is short working week. That is reason thinking about traveling early to DC (1st July) and spend July 4th weekend. There are some Hilton hotels where i can use my points. My family can fly back after July 4th or We can fly back together at the end on Friday. This way, we are only depending on Client provided hotel for 2-3 days.

Last edited by rustum76; Jun 21, 2022 at 11:29 pm