FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA ending all service to ISP (Long Island-Islip) and ITH (Ithaca, NY)
Old Jun 21, 2022, 4:42 pm
Disarray

Programs: AA EXP, Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I’ve taken the Q70 to LGA from Woodside too many times to count. It isn’t free, but the cost is nominal in the big scheme of things. However, most trains don’t stop at Woodside which requires a change of trains at Jamaica Westbound and patiently waiting for a Eastbound that stops at Woodside to then transfer at Jamaica to the train I need. When the construction at LGA Central Terminal was in progress the Q70 was so jammed with airport employees I swore I would never ride it again.

You are correct, the Q70 is an option, but after suffering thru marginal service for too many trips I simply don’t ride it any longer.

Originally Posted by guv1976
While it would take a little longer to get to LGA by train, it's not that much longer. The LIRR takes about 10 minutes to get from Jamaica to Woodside, where you can catch the (free) Q70-SBS bus to LGA. That bus makes one stop at the big Jackson Heights subway station, and then operates nonstop to LGA. So if LGA makes sense on a particular trip (whether on AA or DL), I think that public transportation could still work for you.