FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL continues to weaken operationally (Summer 2022 Meltdown)
Old Jun 21, 2022, 3:30 am
GrayAnderson

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by ecaarch
Because it didn't happen to you, then it didn't happen?

My DAB-ATL yesterday (Sunday) was cancelled. Rebooked. Then that flight was cancelled. No more DAB-ATL flights with availability until TUESDAY morning. I checked MLB-ATL. Nothing. The last MCO-ATL on Sunday had 3 available but they were gone before I could confirm. Next availability out of MCO was Monday morning. I wound up renting a car and driving to JAX for the last flight on Sunday. I asked for a meal voucher at check-in at JAX and the agent nearly laughed in my face. Said it was a 45 minute flight so no meal voucher warranted. The flight may have been 45 minutes but the experience was most of a day.

Was this experience the worst thing that ever happened to me? Of course not. But it does show that DL has a ways to go to get back to where they were.

BTW, does anybody know the procedure for submitting the rental car receipt for reimbursement?

Edit: When the second flight was cancelled, DL did not notify me (no email, no text, no nothing). I found out by checking the app, but the app did not push any notification to me.
I mean, this feels like it's worth chatting with customer service about. You might not get a voucher, but a slug of SkyPesos is at least a nice consolation prize...