FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Jun 21, 2022, 1:00 am
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Sorry for the delay in responding, gang - Our internet problem continues down at Denali and judging by the way things are going this summer, it's unlikely to be corrected anytime soon. I will have internet access Tuesday thru Friday morning thru August 15th. Unless and until this changes, I'll have to remove myself from providing questions for the time being...

Originally Posted by JoeDTW
36. (1986) You’ve just returned to Los Angeles and are looking forward to a few days of R&R back home when you get a call from your department head. Welcome back! Terribly sorry about this Mate, but it seems your technical skills are required to solve a wee problem in Pretoria, South Africa. The Travel Department has found you a great itinerary though - a couple of nonstop flights aboard two different widebodied jets with just a single connection, both on the same airline. You'll not be connecting through Europe and even better, you’ve been booked in Business Class on both flights. Identify the airline, route and both aircraft types involved.

No European airlines were involved, so I'll look south, and guess an RG 747 LAX-GIG, connecting to an RG DC-10 GIG-JNB.

Good call, Joe! You've nailed it!

Varig RG 831 Los Angeles (LAX) 130p-730a Rio de Janeiro (GIG) 747-200 Tu Fr
Varig RG 790 Rio de Janeiro (GIG) 1000a-1010p Johannesburg (JNB) DC-10-30 We