FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GVA Fast Track access for guests, with Silver/OW Sapphire
Old Jun 20, 2022, 1:18 pm
GCab

Programs: BAEC Silver
GVA Fast Track access for guests, with Silver/OW Sapphire

So I'm sure this is a well-worn path (apols if missed on Search) but is there any way at all to work around the automatic gate issue at GVA?

My wife is never more than Bronze and I usually maintain Silver, but we ski every year and there is never any way to get her into Fast Track security with me on the way back through GVA (which for marital harmony reasons means I can't use it either) as it's electronically gated with no human presence, so there is no way to register that she is travelling with me.

We managed it once, but only as travelling with a friend who had Gold who passed her phone back to be re-scanned (I've never tried this myself - does it work with Silver too or is this some kind of extra perk? I guess the logical thing is to try it ourselves, but next trip not till next year so it's a long timescale for trial and error).

I know premium entitlements vary across airports and contracts, but if Silvers get Fast Track access at all, then I assume guest entitlements should also apply, so this seems like purely a matter of GVA costcutting and not paying human gate staff who can allow guests to tailgate the cardholder. This is annoying although gives me something to needle the wife about (ironically, she is Swiss).

But in practical terms, what is the answer, other than both of us queuing in standard (a drag, in ski season)? Does the "scan, walk through and pass phone back to partner/guest" method work consistently, for the pre-Security e-barriers?

Last edited by GCab; Jun 20, 2022 at 1:24 pm