FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Times Square EDITION - New York City [Master Thread]
Old Jun 19, 2022, 4:24 pm
ElevatorEnthusiast

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Very nice!

Okay, I didn't get a suite upgrade and there isn't breakfast. Still, I enjoyed the product here and would return depending on the price.

I was upgraded at check-in to a Premier Times Square King on the 37th of 40 floors. Of course, at this floor, the view was mostly of the TSX construction site, but you could see all of the people in Times Square as well as the tip of One Vanderbilt on the other direction. The room is small, but I've had worse in NYC. I actually really enjoyed the design with the light woods and minimalist look. There was a small leather chair in addition to a desk chair - it was comfy but the ottoman slid too easily on the floor. The bed was great - I love faux fur and have lots of faux fur at home, so I enjoyed the throw. The pillows were fantastic and non-lumpy - the mattress wasn't overly plush but was good for NYC. The TV had the Internet TV OS. The bathroom had lots of counter space and the shower was great with good flow and pressure. The Nespresso machine worked well.

I did not partake in dining here and used the lack of Elite breakfast as an excuse to get some chocolate chip pancakes at Clinton Street Baking Company.

While I don't like Times Square, I enjoyed the hotel's proximity to the BDFM trains at 47th Street Rockefeller.

The service itself was friendly - I didn't ask about suites. They proactively mentioned finding me the best room and proactively asked about late checkout. No issue with 4 PM.

Again, the product and design was solid and unique enough to make it an enjoyable stay despite the deficit in Elite benefits.