FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1h30 min connection in LAX. One itinerary. Should I travel with hand-baggage only?
Old Jun 19, 2022, 6:59 am
PUCCI GALORE
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Daventry
Thanks, I’ll keep it in mind. Our original plan was to buy domestic flights to visit OGG and KOA, this cancellation would allow us to save the cash for one of those domestic flights if they get us to one of them directly… We need to ponder that vs lie flat bed to HNL! :-)

EDIT: Oh there’s a DFW-OGG morning flight with a lie flat bed too. RichieMc you’ve just made my day!!!
Like corporate-wage-slave (less clever but far prettier ) I would definitely give myself a stop in LAX - as BUD-LHR-LAX is already a long schlep. I'd go on - but around noon - I'd not get up for a 8.00am flight. Actually if they let you do it, I'd go via DFW. One thing about Maui - hotel rates are nail-bitingly dear and that is without all these Resort Fees that they are now putting on. Remember that you are changing climate bit time as well. Be gentle on yourself. Lastlym Southwest are now flying inter-island and that has had a huge impact on the fares charged by the likes of Hawaiian.