FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2021/22 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Jun 19, 2022, 4:54 am
Jzlerner

Hi,

Just looking for a bit of advice in case something goes wrong. I'm flying TLV-JFK via LHR return in a week. Say the first TLV-LHR leg gets cancelled, what would be my options? It's within 7 days of the flight. I get I would be eligible for a refund and €600 but it's imperative for me to get a flight. So:

Would BA be responsible for getting me on the first flight to LHR on another carrier or carrier of my choosing assuming the next BA flight would be 24h later? Or would it be first flight to JFK (end destination)? If so, would they match the class of booking I was supposed to be in to the new airline? Or economy only? Or no other flight at all and I have to wait for next BA one?

If I were to make it to LHR/JFK through BA's arrangements, would I be able to continue the rest of my itinerary? Or will it all be stopped due to initial flight cancellation? And same question if I made my own way to LHR/JFK and then tried to rejoin the BA itinerary.

Also, is it necessary or better to let BA make the arrangements or is it more likely to happen for me to make the arrangements and claim from BA later.

Sorry for the bunch of questions but they've already cancelled the morning flight and if I don't get to NY I'm a bit screwed to say the least.

Thanks in advance for any answers