FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Garden Inn Cusco {PER}
View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2022, 9:16 am
tobegold

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by miles_navigator
I am trying to put together a land portion of a trip to Peru.

If I fly in directly to Cuzco (from the USA via LIM) what is a good number of nights at this property?

Is it walk-able to the center of Cuzco town or too steep in 1 direction or the other?

Also, it is worth basing here to go to Machu Picchu or better to shift closer to the Marriott property, Tambo del Inka? I didn't see anything else in the Hilton family
Easy walk to the center but you should get a taxi back as it is quite a climb and you will not have adjusted to the altitude.

Number of nights depends on what you plan to see while in Cusco. If you are visiting MP, Sacred Valley and other sites maybe 5 nights/4days minimum.

Can’t say about MP as I stayed in Ollantaytambo for 2 nights when I went to MP, staying at the hotel in the railway station, great food, no need to get up at 3 am in Cusco plus see local sites. But that was 10 years ago, I skipped MP this time. Just make sure you have your MP tickets and transport booked in advance, I met someone on my trip in Cusco who thought he could book on arrival in Cusco and could not get tickets.

Last edited by tobegold; Jun 18, 2022 at 9:30 am