FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IRROPs - Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. WITHIN 48 HOURS of departure (2022)
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:31 am
RatherBeInYOW

Programs: AC SE*MM
IRROPs - Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. WITHIN 48 HOURS of departure (2022)

Starting to travel a bit more again, but haven't been following the forum so I apologize in advance if there is a better place to discuss this (I could not find an obvious thread).

In LAS this week after an adventure getting here last weekend (another story). I am supposed to fly home LAS-YYZ-YOW today on AC1852 to get home tonight, but two days ago AC abruptly rebooked me to LAS-YVR-YOW (redeye from YVR to YOW) to get home tomorrow morning. Wasn't really thrilled to be getting home nearly 12 hours later on a redeye so I called our corporate travel they could still see 1852 but it was all zeroed and unbookable, I could not book it directly on ac.com on a new itinerary (it didn't show up as an option, nor did the LAS-YYZ redeye tonight) and the concierge told me in an email "I have taken a look to see if the flight AC1852 if it is still in service, but couldn't find it. It seems to be a flight that has been cancelled.".

I'm checked in and heading to my LAS-YVR flight in a few hours. For fun I checked and AC1852 is in fact operating today (significantly delayed from AC1851 coming in) with space on it and it now shows as bookable again on ac.com as well. Given all of the AC issues in YYZ and the likelihood I misconnect in YYZ tonight and end up spending the night there anyway I'm going to stay on my YVR connection. But I can't for the life of me figure out why AC rebooked me off of AC1852 in the first place; clearly they did not do that to everyone if the flight is still running today. Are they trying to rebook connecting pax away from YYZ?