FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA0399 BRU-LHR Last Night
View Single Post
Old Jun 15, 2022, 3:14 pm
cauchy

Originally Posted by Butts
This was a complete shambles last night.

The Airbridge had to be reconnected and the hold doors opened to facilitate the removal of six bags that wouldn't fit in the cabin.. I think the Captain was responsible (but I may be wrong).

It was a busy flight but-

No one was encouraged at the Gate prior to boarding to volunteer to put their luggage in the hold free of charge like they normally do.

Despite constant announcements from the start of boarding to put small bags under the seats to make room for the bigger ones overhead ( so they were aware of potential problems) the Captain must have made the decision to close the hold and the airbridge to be removed without checking first that all the cabin baggage was secured safely..

This is what caused the delay in my view but he didn't hold his hands up.

Once we got airborne on arrival at Heathrow there were further Airbridge problems and we didn't get off until nearly 2100 - nearly two hours late. Nearly missed my connection to EDI at 2230 but luckily there was no queue at UK Border.
Given the delay in re-opening the doors, I'm surprised the crew couldn't solve this by being more assertive - e.g. putting bags in front of un-occupied seats, or the middles in CE.