FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Capital One points transfer security delay issues.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 12:15 pm
WestJetter824

Angry Capital One points transfer security delay issues.

Couldn't find a thread on this issue, so hopefully this helps someone. Or, maybe someone could help me lol.

Tried transferring 350,000 points from Capital One to Aeroplan last night. Then, I get a fraud alert call from Capital One the next morning saying that the points transfer triggered a fraud alert?!

I spend 2 hours on the phone with 2 unhelpful and unsympathetic representatives who have me verify my information 20 times over, and send them pictures of my license multiple times, to no avail. Not only am I still locked out of my Capital One account now (no issues before or last night), the points are now in no man's land. Capital One says they are showing that the points have transferred...yet they are 100% not in my Aeroplan account. They now say they will escalate but that it will take 10-12 days...which is great since I wanted to book a flight ASAP for a flight in a few weeks. We all know how point prices change, too.

Has anyone else had issues of point transfer triggering fraud alerts?! This has been an extremely frustrating experience, and Capital One really is losing favor in my eyes versus Chase and Amex.