FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Choice Hotels to acquire Radisson Americas.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 11:49 am
notquiteaff
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by tom_MN
If you didn't have many large city stays you would come to the same conclusion, at least in the US. There are good Choice redemptions (the ones in Norway are exceptional) but it is normally for me an overnight on the road between home and somewhere else. I still have those stays, and liking road trips probably always will. Longer resort stays and city downtown stays are hard to work well with Choice points.
Our stays are a mix of big cities, airports, resorts, and highway locations (roadtrips). 50% US, 50% international. Our minimal "lodging standard" is generally HIX/Hampton Inn. Occasionally a Best Western if the reviews are good and it's a location where our other go-to brands aren't available. We don't need/look for/pay for "aspirational" properties.

I don't know a ton about Choice today - in my younger days I stayed at many lower end Choice/Wyndham/Motel6 properties because they were affordable to me.

Originally Posted by TTT103
I place them in the same category as Wyndham's portfolio of properties. They run the gamut from OK to pretty rough around the edges.
Wyndham and Choice are two programs that I don't want to spend mental energy on. Hilton, IHG, Marriott and to some degree Hyatt are enough for my needs. Radisson has been dormant for me, and everything else gets booked through hotels.com if available (and price is reasonable).