FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2022, 8:36 pm
Cthunder86

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BlueSky72
On my CPT-EWR flight on June 9 (read: 9 days into June) the advertised improvements in service were a bit hit or miss.
No printed menus.
First drinks round came with a bag of nuts (granted, we were at an outstation, plus, they were a local brand so I’m not necessarily complaining on that front).
No drink refills offered.
Dinner (salad, roll and main) was then served on a tray, no drinks offered with dinner ( fortunately I was still nursing my large G&T). I’m probably biased but my beef tenderloin was clearly local beef and it was cooked to perfection. The side salad was fresh and generously topped with shaved Parmesan.
Crew brought the three Desserts on a small tray and asked you to pick - I had the ice cream. I miss those sundaes!
Missed any in-between snacks due to sleep, but saw some small wrapped sandwiches in the galley during a bathroom break.
Crew were mostly absent during the sleep portion of the flight - I had to walk to the very front to find someone for a cup of tea, but it was cheerfully delivered to my seat.
Breakfast was pro-actively offered as people awoke. I chose the egg dish specifically because it came with actual bacon and not the turkey abomination we are always subject to. Sadly, the bacon was overdone, but edible

Breakfast

In all, the food and service were OK. But it was great to have the direct flight option rather than the circuitous routing through Europe.
what’s the lounge situation like at CPT? Looks like I’ll have to stuff my face before hand