FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Centric Downtown Portland, Oregon - REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Jun 13, 2022, 12:34 pm
HaleiwaFlyer
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Matt4200
On a 10 night stay that’s $350. The cash rates I see are usually $120 (I travel off peak) so that’s about 30% additional cost per night just to park.

I typically have ended up staying in nearby Beaverton on our trips over the last 5 years due primarily to parking fees in Portland but the same could be said of almost every major downtown area.

Portland is a VERY walkable city, but when we visit we like to go to St. helens, the coast Multnomah Falls, and other areas for food that aren’t walkable, otherwise we’d just light rail to downtown and walk everywhere.

Usually when we visit Chicago or NYC or just Uber to downtown and walk everywhere on our trip (we also take the underground trains in NYC when absolutely needed it’s a bit hard carry a stroller down there though).
Another option is to negotiate a parking rate with the garage that Hyatt uses (The garage next to the Daily Feast). I am sure they will have weekly rates that is much cheaper than Hyatt's or any other daily parking rates. The monthly rate there is 220/month. So even worth it to just pay the monthly rate, versus Hyatt.