FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Extra XP for CO2-offset and donations
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2022, 11:52 am
Xandrios
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
So the KG of CO2 is based on the route and class of service. The price of the underlying ticket does not really matter it looks like. This also means that, in order to make this most efficient, you will need to find a flight that in distance results in a fee closest to the 10/19/33/469 euro figure. Not expecting them to do fractions/rounding...

Playing around with some routes these are actually quite high thresholds. Long European flights don't really qualify at all, not reaching the minimum amounts quoted.
- Reforestation: pay €10 or 2000 Miles – you will gain 1 XP
- Reforestation and Sustainable Aviation Fuel: pay €19 – you will gain 2 XP

- Sustainable Aviation Fuel and Reforestation: pay €33 – you will gain 4 XP
- Sustainable Aviation Fuel: pay €469 – you will gain 47 XP

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
At 10 eur per XP, it's not super great value but good enough, considering you don't have to actually travel and spend time and accrue additional costs.

I will probably be taking advantage a couple times a year to give me buffer. If how the current situation is any indication, I need not be looking forward to a large amount of company travel, as I was 2.5 years ago. Consequently if I am to earn Gold, I am comparatively cash rich but time poor. Oftentimes, the answer would have been J class, but this is more flexible.
You will need a ticket to be able to buy the compensation, right? Question is, what happens if you don't fly that ticket - will they also refund the compensation (and potentially remove the XP from your account if those are credited at purchase)?