FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Choice Hotels to acquire Radisson Americas.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 10:04 am
nwflyboy

Programs: Northwest, United
Interesting plot twist.

As luck would have it, today was the day that I was going to try to make some sense of what to do about Radisson going forward. Between me and P2, we have about 600K Radisson Rewards points scattered across our multiple accounts (some got sorted into "Americas", some got sorted into "Rest of World"). We could burn them all on our next trip to southern Europe, but they do have some useful properties in northern Europe which we hope to be able to use in the next couple of years. And with the recent US Bank/Radisson split, I don't see any prospects ahead for ways to add points - I had been hoping that another bank might pick them up and we would be able to juice our points balance with some new card signups. But...now that "Choice" is sweeping up the Radisson Americas program (and we have zero interest in using points for any Radisson or Choice hotel domestically, we only redeem overseas), maybe that marks the end of the road for our participation in anything Radisson.

Of course, we could transfer points to an airline program at a horrible 10:1 ratio....(nah, I don't think so).